On 28th August the DfE published updated guidance for the opening of schools and actions that should be taken during a local area or school coronavirus outbreak. We have summarised the key points below.
In addition to keeping you updated with all the latest guidance we can support you in developing and implementing contingency plans and risk assessments for your school.
The following information has been updated:
- managing confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community
- the framework for supporting transport to and from schools
- pupils who are shielding or self-isolating
- use of face coverings in schools
- actions for all schools and local authorities with regards to recording attendance and absence
- employer health and safety and equalities duties
- support available for schools with regard to supply teachers
- performance management and appraisal for teachers
- music, dance and drama in school
- wraparound provision and extra-curricular activity
- physical activity in schools
- new resources available for pupil wellbeing and support
- behaviour expectations
- primary assessment
- additional resources available for delivering remote education
- changes to SEND legislation
Guidance for local authorities and local decision-makers on containing and managing COVID-19 outbreaks at a local level.
What all schools will need to do during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak from the start of the autumn term.
This guidance is for decision makers at mainstream schools with secondary year groups, to help them plan a tier 2 rota model if required.